Table of Contents
- Share This On Your Site
- How to Keep Your Hair Straight Overnight
- How to Keep Your Hair Straight All Day
- How to Keep Your Hair Straight All Day for Guys
- How to Keep Hair Straight at the Beach
Having curly hair can sometimes be a pain.
Managing a head of wild, unruly curls that like to frizz is not an easy task. Having the curls under control is one thing.
It’s another challenge altogether to straighten them!
Even if you really do love your curls, there are just some occasions when all you want is shiny, sleek, straight hair.
If you’re like me, then you’ve probably spent hours looking for ways to keep those curls under control.
<p><strong>Please include attribution to https://www.livebeautyhealth.com/ with this graphic.</strong><br /><br /><a href=’https://www.livebeautyhealth.com/diy-dry-shampoo/’><img src=’https://www.livebeautyhealth.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/SHAMPOOv2b.jpg’ alt=’Hair Straight Over Night Infographic’ width=’540px’ border=’0′ /></a></p>
How to Keep Your Hair Straight Overnight
Let’s face it, our morning schedules are generally pretty tight. We don’t always have the luxury of a spare hour to straighten our hair before rushing out the door.
The best solution I’ve found is to straighten your hair at night before you go to sleep. That way, your hair can adjust to the straightness. If any pieces do frizz overnight, you can just quickly go over them when you wake up!
Try these 4 tips to learn how to keep your hair straight at night:
1. Sleep on a silk pillowcase. This decreases friction while you sleep.
2. Keep your room cool. Sweating can create waves in your hair.
3. Use the right kinds of product. An anti-frizz spray or a straightening cream will help more than hairspray.
4. Use a silk scarf. Wrap a silk scarf around your hair and secure it with bobby pins
A few brushes in the morning should be all you need to restore your hair to straight perfection.
How to Keep Your Hair Straight All Day
If you straighten your hair regularly, you’ve probably had more success than others in keeping your hair straight all day.
Some of the tips on how to keep your hair straight overnight still apply, such as using an anti-frizz spray and keeping your hair dry throughout the day.
However, there are a few extra steps you can take to make sure that your hair stays straight all day long:
- Choose a good straightener. Use a top quality dual voltage flat iron (dual voltage is important for when you’re on vacation) or hair brush straightener. If the flat iron that you’re using to straighten your hair doesn’t produce heat evenly or at a high enough temperature ., you can bet that your hair won’t stay straight all day.
- Use dry shampoo. Spraying a little dry shampoo can help keep hair straight by reducing moisture, oil and build up. This is a great product to use in the middle of the day when you notice your hair beginning to lose its straight edge.
- Think small. As you straighten your hair, make sure that you are only working on small sections at a time. If you are finding that you need to go over a section of hair more than once to see results, then the section is too large.
It may take a bit of time to figure out the best way to keep your hair straight all day. Because everyone’s hair is different, different techniques and tips will not all have the same effect on everyone.
But fear not! With a little experimentation, almost everyone can find a way to keep their hair straight from the moment they leave the house until they get home.
How to Keep Your Hair Straight All Day for Guys
Girls aren’t the only ones who want to keep their hair silky and straight all day. If you’re a guy with hair that’s a bit curlier than you would like, you have options for straightening it.
You can use something like the PYT flat iron at home. Or, if your hair is too short for it or you just prefer an easier method, then check out the three options below:
1. Get A Brazilian Blowout
You can head to a salon for this treatment. A stylist will apply product to your hair and blow dry it. They will also use a flat iron to get the full effect.
This temporary fix and will last for as long as your hair stays dry. You can usually get away with three or four days of straight hair with this method before you need to wash your hair.
2. Get A Hair Relaxer Treatment
A less expensive method is a hair relaxer treatment. This can be done at a salon or at home with a kit. Think of it as the opposite of a perm.
Your hair should remain straight “forever” or until new hair grows in. The hair that has been treated will remain straight, but new hair growth will have your natural curl. Keep in mind that overdoing this treatment can lead to damaged hair.
3. Use Potato Starch
If you’re looking for a way to straighten your hair without having to worry about treatments or chemicals, consider the potato starch method. Puree a few potatoes until only liquid remains.
Add about a cup and a half of water to the potatoes and mix well. Pour this solution into an old, clean shampoo bottle and pour it over your head. Saturate your hair and comb the solution through.
Allow to dry. The starch from the potatoes will make your hair straight. Apply a leave-in conditioner if you aren’t happy with the stiff feeling left in your hair. This method should last until you wash your hair.
If you use the right products and keep your hair from getting wet, your straight hair should last as long as you want.
How to Keep Hair Straight at the Beach
We all love the beach, but not necessarily the humidity that goes along with it! Humidity equals frizz, which can turn your straight hair into a wavy mess in a matter of minutes, even if you spent an hour or more straightening it.
So how do you keep hair straight in humidity?
Here are some great tips on how to keep your hair from frizzing up:
1. Use the right shower products. Start with straightening products in the shower. When you know that you’re going to be fighting against humidity, starting with a straightening shampoo and conditioner can make all the difference.
2. Dry your hair. Make sure that you have dried your hair completely before stepping out onto the sand – If there is any moisture left in your hair, it will immediately bounce back into curl mode once the humidity hits it.
3. Blow dry properly. When blow-drying, make sure that the blow-dryer is pointing down the shaft – This will help keep ends smooth and frizz free.
It’s easy to love how great straight hair looks, but sometimes it’s difficult to keep it that way. When you learn how to keep your hair straight all day, you’ll be able to enjoy your hair for longer and say goodbye to the frustration of unwelcomed waves.
It may take a bit of trial and error, but before you know it, you’ll be enjoying straight hair whenever you want.