10 Best Dual Voltage Flat Irons in 2020
The hair is a significant part of a woman’s look. Different hair care products, tools, and cosmetics have hit the market over the last few decades. Products like wigs, organic hair creams, and hair irons have become very popular in the beauty market. For specific information gathering, this article will be focusing on a very distinct type of hair irons.
Hair irons, just like any other irons, are simple electrical equipment used to reshape or adjust the structure of your hair. There are mainly three types of hair irons, and they serve different purposes. The curly irons arrange the hair in a beautiful wavy fashion, crimping irons engage in creating crimp designs around the hair. The one we are considering is the flat irons. The flat irons, also are known as straighteners, are used for creating perfectly straight and flowing like hair. This iron is a standard tool in the make-up kits of women around the world. If you are the traveling type, probably due to work or tourism, then getting a flat hair iron that you can easily use across continents is the best option for you. Voltage measurements in Europe and America differ, and therefore, and if you don’t have equipment that can work in both climates, then you would have to get another flat iron when traveling. Why waste resources when you can easily conserve it.
The Best Dual Voltage Flat Irons Reviewed
Below are some of the best dual voltage flat irons and their reviews. Reading this buying guide means that you’ve decided to make this smart move, and we have helped you to put together the best dual voltage flat irons on the market so you can make an informed decision about which product to get. We understand the need for research before you put your money down for anything, so take your time to peruse this review before deciding on what you want.
HSI Professional Glider
Though this article doesn’t rank the featured products, this particular product had to come first on our list. Next time you want to describe an all in one package to your friend, this HSI professional glider should be an example. This HIS professional glider allows you to either flip, curl, or straighten your hair with the least of efforts. Furthermore, a microsensor and heat balance mechanism has been put in place to prevent subsequent hair damage of any sort. It also can eliminate frizz and other things that cause your hair to feel thickened and coarse. Probably the best reason you might have for wanting to but this thing because of its worldwide compatible dual voltage system. Other added freebies that you can have for getting this product is a pack of its unique argan oil and a 1-year warranty. You can be sure that this product will satisfy all your flat iron needs.
- Wide temperature range
- Dual voltage system
- Ceramic glider
- Heat resistant glove for the handles
- A free HIS style guide
- Argan oil treatment
- Brand name: HSI professional store
- Packaging varies
- Ceramic glider
- This device serves as a 3 in 1 hair styling function. It straightens, curls, and flips your hair.
- Evenly distributes heat along with the glider while being easily adjustable at the same time.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty and a lot of freebies such as an HSI style guide, a free argan hair oil pack.
- Travel anywhere, knowing that you would be able to use your hair flattener due to its dual voltage system.
- An extra-long cord so it doesn’t get damaged or tangled in the process of using it.
- Tourmaline infused ceramic plates help the gliders
- This Hair iron is an amazon best seller
- Packaging may vary
BaByliss Pro Nano Titanium Mini Straightening Iron
The fact that BaByliss manufactured this product speaks for itself already. The BaByliss franchise is a market leader in women styling and professional beauty tools. It’s choice equipment among hairdressers, barbers, and salons the world over, so why shouldn’t it be yours? If your hair is thicker than the usual, then this mini straightening hair iron is perfect for you. With its heat retention capability, smooth gliding along with the nose, and a 6-inch body structure, this dual voltage iron is sure to meet all your needs. Check out this mini flat iron, and it might just be what you are looking for.
- Mini Sized equipment.
- Superior heat retention capabilities.
- Easy to travel with. Compact size and dual voltage make it easy to move around with.
- Ceramic coated heaters.
- Efficiently distributes heat to ceramic heaters.
- 6-inch total length.
- Nano Titanium plate
- Blue color
- Brand name: BaByliss
- Even distribution of heat allows for smooth and shiny.
- Ready to travel-sized product. Thanks to its dual voltage system
- Heated plates reach up to 440f.
- Be sure of smooth shining beautiful hair
- The handle might overheat.
CHI G2 Ceramic and Titanium 1 1/4
If you are in the market for a hair iron with versatile functions, then this would be the perfect one. With infused titanium plates, this iron heats up in about 40 seconds and glides around the hair pretty softly. It happens to have a unique temperature feature that allows you to choose what range of heat is best compatible with your hair. It also comes with a 2-year warranty. All these are what make the CHI G2 hairstyling iron such wonderful equipment to have. The way your hair looks is now entirely under your control because this iron allows you to style it in various other forms apart from straightening. It also works excellently well for coarse hair.
- Color-marked digital temperature reader
- 1-hour auto safety shut off
- Suitable for International travel due to its dual voltage mechanism
- Fast 40-second heat up
- Two-year warranty
- Titanium infused ceramics plates.
- Brand name: CHI
- Black color
- Titanium Infused
- Particular temperature digital display mechanism.
- The plates are infused with high-grade titanium, which makes them last longer.
- Plates heat up quickly, and they can go up to 425f, so they are suitable for any texture of hair.
- It has a two-year warranty.
- The wiring cord hast to be handled with special care.
Lovani Hair Straightener
Are you looking for a hair iron that is compact, easy to carry around, and functions very well will hair and beards due to its mini design? Would you also like this hair iron to perform other functions perfectly well and serve you when you travel internationally? Then the Lovani hair Straightener might just be what you have been looking for. Apart from the fact that this iron has a high heat rate of up to 420f, it also comes with its own professional heat resistant bag. You have nothing to lose by buying this product; it is lightweight, dual voltage, and utilizes tourmaline ceramic heating plates.
- Ceramic tourmaline plates
- Mini size design
- Dual voltage system. Suitable for international travel
- Quick heating. Negative ions allow for shining hair.
- Generates heat up to 410f
- Portable heat resistant bag.
- Utilizes a 3D floating heating panel
- Brand name: Lovani
- Portable heat resistant bag
- 7.1-inch body size.
- Tourmaline Ceramic plates reduce frizz and flyaway. It also produces negative ions that make your hair smooth and shiny.
- Adjusts automatically to your hair texture, so you don’t have to worry about increasing or decreasing your heat.
- Easy to carry around. lightweight
- It comes with a professional heat resistant bag.
- Suitable for worldwide travel due to its dual voltage system
- Heats up very fast under 30 seconds.
- It might be easy to misplace.
Salona Hair Straightener
Compact and easy to use, the Salona hair straightener had to make our list. With the help of its titanium-coated plates, this flat iron is designed to emit more infrared heat, which creates for shiny, smoother, and more beautiful hair. It also comes with three adapters so you can easily travel with it and use it no matter the location. It distributes heat evenly across the titanium plates, heats up very quickly and can burn up to 400f. It also has an auto-off feature for when your device burns too hot, and it comes with a heat resistant bag that allows you to pack up your iron on the go even while it is still warm.
- Utilizes titanium coated plates.
- LCD temperature display mechanism
- 1-hour auto shut off feature
- Dual voltage system allows for international use
- It can burn very hot. Up to 400f
- Comes with a heat resistant traveling bag
- Brand name: Salona
- Titanium coated plates
- LCD temperature display
- Keeps your hair shiny and smooth due to its titanium-coated plates that produce millions of negative ions
- Use it anywhere in the world. This iron comes with three adapters and has a dual voltage system
- Control the temperature of your device with its unique LCD temperature display feature.
- Comes with a heat resistant traveling bag
- Takes a while before it heats up
Mondova Professional Hair Straightener
Another fantastic hair iron you can consider getting is the Mondova professional hair straightener. This straightener comes with a lot of amazing features that can serve your many needs. It is designed to make your hair look nothing short of fantastic just within a few minutes of using it. This ceramic tourmaline hairstyling infuses your hair with millions of negatively charged ions, thereby causing it to restore your hair while keeping it smooth and shining. This iron glides effortlessly through your hair and allows you to curl, straighten, or create waves with your hair quickly.
- Dual voltage system. Can be used in multiple countries
- Digital temperature control
- Heats up very fast. Under 10 seconds
- Auto-off safety mechanism
- Heat resistant gloves
- Tangle free swivel cord
- A flat iron traveling pouch
- Two alligator hair clips
- One salon styling comb
- Brand name: Mondova
- Tourmaline ceramic one and half-inch plates
- Size: Classic Ionic.
- Works perfectly well for any kind of hair. Easily curl; straighten or style your hair according to what you want.
- Glides perfectly along with the hair and ionizes it as it moves along to give your hair that shiny look.
- Even distribution of heat along with the ceramic plates. This allows heat to pass completely through the hair.
- Heats up very fast, under 5 seconds. You don’t have to wait very long.
- Suitable for international travel.
- Not very suitable for extremely thick hair
Kipozi Pro Flat Iron Hair Straightener
Without any doubt, Kipozi products are some of the best on the market. The Kipozi pro flat iron happens to be one of those fantastic products, and this fact has been verified by countless customers the world over. This product was uniquely designed for the hair treatment of any hair texture or type. It also features a PTC heat technology that allows plates to heat up within 15 seconds and then distributes this heat evenly through the plates. These plates are made of ceramics, and they can burn up to 450f. Another added advantage is that you can take it anywhere thanks to its dual voltage system.
- Utilizes floating ceramic plates design.
- An adjustable temperature control mechanism
- PTC technology allows it to burn fast and hot; up to 450f
- Automatic shut down after 1-hour of non-use
- Dual voltage electrical system.
- Anti-skid handle.
- Brand name: Kipozi professional styling
- Floating design plates
- Easily control the temperature of the iron depending on your hair texture.
- Ceramic floating plates will pass through your hair evenly, so you don’t have to iron it.
- Burns very hot; up to 450f. It also doesn’t take too long to get hot due to its PTC technology, so you don’t have to wait very long before you use it.
- Curved body edges and the anti-skid handle makes it easy to form curls and keep your hands safe from getting close to scorching surfaces.
- Dual voltage, coupled with its lightweight, makes it an appropriate traveling companion.
- Very affordable
- Best not to overuse it at a single stretch.
Herstyler Ceramic Flat Iron
If you are the kind of person that likes your beauty equipment to come with a bit of style, then this product is tailor-made for you. Apart from the fact that it serves all the purposes of a standard hair iron, it also comes in bright green color. This stylish flat iron utilizes innovative technology such as the harmful ion emission, floating plates, and dual temperature. You don’t have to wait all day before using this iron because it heats up quickly while allowing you to adjust the temperature according to your needs. You can be rest assured that with this product, your bad hair days are over.
- Adjustable temperature settings; between 180f -460f.
- Long 360 swivel cord.
- Floating plates and firm grip handle.
- Dual voltage; lightweight and suitable for international travel.
- Negative ion technology
- Brand name: Herstyler
- Ceramic plates
- Green color
- Make any kind of style you want regardless of your texture of hair.
- Negative ion technology leaves your hair smooth and shiny after every use.
- Flat iron eliminates frizz and makes your hair glossy.
- Travel anywhere with this dual voltage iron.
- It doesn’t have too many extra features.
Sabuy Ceramic Flat Iron
If you have a fancy place to travel internationally and you are looking for a hair iron that can suit both your dual voltage needs and your fashion needs, then you should probably consider getting this white ceramic flat iron produced by Sabuy. This fantastic product comes with an auto shut off feature that prevents your plates from burning up. Perhaps you have heard the statement safety. First, this product is an example of that reference. With its auto shut off feature, your flat iron will automatically turn off if it is left on and unused for more than an hour.
- 360 swivel cord
- Automatic shut off feature
- Ceramic tiles that emit negative ions
- Adjustable temperature settings with up to 446f heat power
- Dual voltage system for international travel
- Ceramic tourmaline technology
- Brand name: Sabuy
- Color: White
- Size: 10.5 inch
- Dual voltage which makes it suitable for long term travel
- Ceramic tourmaline plates glide effortlessly along with your hair.
- Adjust the temperature according to your hair texture
- Automatically shuts off after one hour if you mistakenly leave it on.
- It does not work well with curly hair.
Herstyler Superstyler Flat Iron
This product comes last on our review because it does its best to encompass the features of the product above. It is called Superstyler for a reason. Apart from performing the traditional functions of a flat iron, this iron also boasts of a heat resistant glove, a portable bag for your equipment, and a 5000f heat range. Check out this product manufactured by Herstyler.
- 1.25-inch ceramic plates
- Utilizes negative ion technology
- Heats up to 5000f
- Dual voltage makes it suitable for traveling
- Long swivel cord
- Brand name: Herstyler
- Color: Black
- Ceramic Plates
- Works best for thick hair texture and people with constant frizz. The 5000f heat range allows for thick hairs to be well straightened and come out shining
- It has a long swivel cord that helps to handle the equipment more comfortably.
- Try out a range of styling options with this device. Straighten, curl, or flip your hair as you wish.
- Dual voltage makes it international travel suitable.
- Might heat up a little slowly
Buying Guide Questions
If you choose the right product when you purchase your next flat iron, you would be pleased you did. When people buy flat irons that agree with their hair textures and can meet all their hair needs such as straightening, curling, and other things, they tend to use the iron for a very long period, most times spanning into years. Buying a dual voltage flat iron is the right decision, but it should not be made too hastily. This question and answer part of the review is meant to give you further information that will help you narrow down your choices.
What flat irons are dual voltage?
There are different types of flat irons, but the ones that range from 110v-240v are referred to as dual voltage because they can work with multiple electrical systems.
Do dual voltage hair straighteners work in Europe?
Yes, they do. The primary purpose of manufacturing flat irons is so you can be able to use it when you travel internationally. So yes, dual voltage irons work in Europe and America.
Can I use my Chi straightener in Europe?
The Chi brand manufactures a lot of women’s care products. What this means is that it depends on the chi straightener you have. If the one you have is dual voltage, then yes, you can use it in Europe. If you are not sure if your straightener is dual voltage or not, check the internet or try to get your hands on its manual.
Does a dual voltage hair dryer need a converter?
Most dual voltage dryers or irons have preinstalled electrical management systems; therefore, you most likely would not need a converter. It is, however, safe to check the manual of your equipment to make sure that you wouldn’t need a converter.
The likeliest reason you would have for going through this reason is might most likely that you have an international trip (most likely long term) that you are going on, and you are trying to get a hair iron that you can use comfortably going back and forth. The truth is most manufacturers produce their flat irons with dual voltage systems. What is important is picking the one that would serve you and your beautiful hair right. This review has shown different features of different products. Please select what is best for you.